Monday, August 1, 2011

It's a colourful August challenge with Chantal! :)

Hello everyone! Well it's a new month so (yay) it's a new challenge here at Stuff 2 Scrap! I am so excited to bring to you all my very first challenge here, so without further ado here it is! :)

I'd like you to create a page/card/otp using the following colours...

  • SUGAR RUSH PINK
  • TROPICAL WATER BLUE
  • SPAGHETTI WESTERN RED
  • PANDA EYES BLACK
  • SOFT SERVE WHITE

Plus I'd like to see chippie on your creation! :)

Fun hey? And this can be interpreted in so many ways - from girl pages to boy pages and everything in between - just have a look below for some super cool examples!


Here's my layout example for this challenge, "Whirlpool". I went for a double because I had so many fun "whirlpool" photos to scrap. (Please double-click on my double for a better view.)


Here's a close-up - I have used part of
Ann's Story Block #1 - Flowers for some super cute journalling.


And here I've used a S2S chippie crown and wrapped some craft string around it and decorated it with some brads.

Next up we have super-talented Jess's layout, "Giggles"...


How cute is that!!! I love it! Jess has used more of the "soft serve white" and just "sprinkled the pretty colours on there" - fab work, Jess!


Look at what Jess has done with Petrina's Criss Cross Corner! Love her white-washing and doodling in black - and the red stitching is so funky!


Wow! :D

Next up is a creation by one of our new Creative Team members, Rachael Funnell! She is such an inspiring scrapper - and I love her work!


Rachael's gorgeous layout is called "Live Out Loud" and it's the perfect title when using these bright colours! Note how she emphasised the "Tropical Water Blue" to turn it into a rockin' boy page for her son? Rachael has used the Top2Bottom Heart Border here - I love how she's coloured each heart like that! She has also used a super cool chippie buckle from Petrina's Nana's Buckle #1 pack
.

Next is the fabulous Chantelle's layout, "Play"...


I love all the texture Chantelle combines on her creations, and this is a perfect example! See how Chantelle has focused on the blue and white mostly, which just a few touches of red and just the one hint of pink? This looks awesome! Perfect for boys and the beach! That tiny bit of pink really sets it off I think! :)

I just love how Chantelle has painted Leeann's Bubble Border here! It looks like sea spray - what an awesome effect! Chantelle has also used Leeann's Beach Hut #1 there and left it raw and just added a little red button on the door handle. So cute!!! :)

Here's another gorgeous layout, this time by another of our new Creative Team Members, Lisa Amiet!


Lisa's layout is called "My 2 Babes" and I just adore the playful vibe here! Lisa has used lots of chippie goodness from S2S and I love how they've been placed at different angles which really adds to the fun feel! Awesome! :)

One more gorgeous creation, this time from another new team member - the awesomely-talented Anita Tillman...


Her layout "True Beauty is just breathtaking isn't it? Anita has softened the colours somewhat, yet they still remain the same shade which is very clever!

This layout is packed with S2S chippie goodness! There is the word "Beauty" in a pretty script font, the bird from the Chipboard Birds Pack #1, a heart from Chipboard Hearts Pack #1 (can we ever really have enough hearts? :)) and a pretty flower border layered underneath her photo and embellishment cluster which has been left raw and decorated with blue rhinestones.


Wow - look at that detailed shot! :)

Aren't they all just fabulous!!! Please visit our talented team's blogs to see more details of their work (the links are in the sidebar).

So loads of great ideas and inspiration (and some more will be coming up soon too!) and I really hope you will all be able to join in with this fun challenge - you have until the 31st of August to enter your creation into Mr Linky (in the sidebar) and you'll have a chance at winning an awesome prize pack!!!

Good luck and enjoy!

Cheers,
Chantal :)

10 comments:

  1. awesome post chantal - this is a great challenge - hope you get lots of entries - great inspiration from everyone too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this challenge! I know for sure I'll be playing along here, I just recently got some paper that has these colors :) Great inspiration from the DT as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls for your lovely comments, and I'm looking forward to seeing your creation Khristen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just linked up a page and blogged about Aussie chipboard on my blog. I LOOOOVE Aussie chip board design- it's so innovative! Thanks for stopping by my blog and asking me to join in- this was hugely fun- I think I'm going to try a second page.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see your wonderful pages girls! Such fantastic creations! Super stoked, hey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. mine is done and linked.......loved this challenge, never done one of your challenges before.....thought it was about time lol......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great challenge. And great DT work. Have linked mine up with Mr. Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun challenge.... couldnt resist... Thanks for the chance... I've linked mine... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this challenge.. such yummy colours.. mine is linked :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted my layout this morning. Fun challenge- bright!!! Thanks
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete