Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Sweets anyone???

Hello and happy Sunday!
Anita here again. 
Thought I would share some Sunday Sweetness and show you how I made this ice-cream cone that looks good enough to eat!

I used 'Choc Ice' by Ann Lederhose - I just love this chippy set! - This is what you get in the pack (plus a smaller one which is not pictured) They actually come apart - or you can leave them together if that suits you better..... I took mine apart so I could add lots of dimension!

I coloured everything except the 'ice cream top' with this glimmer mist which is the perfect cone colour!

Now time for the ice cream! I used a sticky ink (perfect medium or versamark) and ultra thick embossing powder (you can use normal embossing powder - you may just need more coats)..



When the first coat is melted and still hot (be careful), I dip it straight back into a pile of the powder to build up the thickness (I ended up with 3 coats on mine)...

Then while the embossing powder was hot and melted, I sprinkled in some little beads!  After I had the beads where I wanted them, I used the heat tool to re-melt again just to make sure those little beads don't go anywhere!

I then stuck it all together and added a cute little ribbon and ta da - looks good enough to eat don't you think!?

Thanks for hanging out with me this week!
Make sure you have a go at the challenge - lots of fun with colour and chippies!
Enjoy your Sweet Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Nin, this looks amazing, thanks so much for sharing an awesome technique with us!!! Loving this pic of sweet little R xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Anita! It looks truly edible! TFS!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is soooooooooooooooo magical ...soooooooooooooooooo clever and yes it does look good enough to eat,I absolutely love it .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete