Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's get shabby!

Hi everyone - Anita here again!
Just thought I would share this layout I created yesterday and show you how I created that delicious shabby look on the Stuff2Scrap chippy word 'Friend'.....

First of all - I painted gesso on the bare Stuff2Scrap chippy word (if you don't have gesso you could just use white paint to seal it). These are the products I used... Pearl acrylic paint and ultra thick embossing powder (you can use normal acrylic paint and normal embossing powder too - I just like it extra thick and bumpy!)...

First coat of that acrylic paint needs to be VERY generous... really pile it on!


While the paint is wet, sprinkle on the ultra thick embossing powder (it will stick to the paint).  I try not to cover the whole thing with powder - I like the white to show a little.... Before you go any firther - I would recommend opening the windows and maybe turning on the fan before you take to it with your heat gun!  The trick is to continue heating until it bubbles and the white paint bubbles up through the embossing powder.  Ooh - look at that yummy texture!


You can leave it like this but I wanted to add another coat of pearl paint over the top of that and then cooked it again for more of a shabby look! These Stuff2Scrap chippies take the heat and the layers of paint so easily - no warping or swelling - LOVE IT!


I didn't take a pic of this step but I then took some peeled paint (green) distress ink and rubbed some on the edges and a little over the top to give it some more colour (and to match the layout a little better)...


There you have it! Isn't this yet another awesome way to change up your Stuff2Scrap chippies - they are just SO VERSATILE!!!
Thanks for stopping by - hope you give this little technique a go - see you back here again soon for some more chippy goodness!


4 comments:

  1. Nin, this is gorgeous! and such a sweet pic of O & R... love it, thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic technique...will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Anita - love your title and step-by-step pics - well done and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete