Wednesday, February 9, 2011

G'day!!! :D


How are you going? This is Chantal here, and I'm sooo excited to be a part of this awesome Creative Team here at Stuff 2 Scrap!

Here's a little bit about myself...

Hi my name is Chantal Vandenberg, I am happily married to Jason and we have 2 totally gorgeous girls – Lucy (7) and Heidi (3).

I have now been scrapbooking for 3 years. I initially began scrapping as a fun way to preserve my family's memories, but now, it's all this and a whole lot more!

I have developed a passion for bright and bold colour, texture and design on my projects, plus I've also been incorporating more and more of my art and cartooning techniques on my work lately - which I totally love to do!

Okay, now I'd love to share a layout that I completed last week, called "Superstar!"...


So this layout is based on a sketch at Scrap the Girls and there's lots of goodies here to behold!


First up I've used Chipboard Stars #002 as a mask using paint and then attached them with glue after being painted and lightly glimmermisted. Now this is FUN. You get to mask and paint your stars all in the one go! :D

In the packet, you get both postives and negatives of stars in different sizes. These look great on heaps of different pages. I also built them on top of each other for a 3D effect. The possibilties are virtually endless with them!


I have also used Scallop Borders (Sml) Designed by Leeann Pearce. Love this set of scallops! You get two sets of scallops; one with holes and the other without! I simply stapled these to my layout and they really lend themselves well to layering to suit your design!

Well that's all from me for today! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and be sure to pop on by at the shop to check out all the amazing goodies in store and don't forget to become a follower of this blog so you can keep up-to-date with all the latest new releases, creative team inspiration and the soon-to-be-unveiled monthly challenges!

Until next time! :D

5 comments:

  1. Love the bright fun colours of this LO Chantal and that fabulous technique of masking - wonderful work with the chippies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally funky and totally fun...love it all... i especially love all that doodling too! mwah xx miss wally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and Gorgeous! Super appropriate for such a little superstar...Love the chippie layering, really gives it great dimension ;) Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your awesome comments! :D You make my day! :D

    ReplyDelete