Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hey :)

Well hello there :)
Thought I'd pop in and say hi, introduce myself and tell you all how EXCITED I am to be on the Creative Team for Stuff 2 Scrap!!

My name is Sharryn and I'm a happily married SAHM with 6 gorgeous children, 1 beautiful daughter and 5 handsome sons. With so many kids around there are always lots of photo opportunities which equals lots of scrapping!

I've been scrapbooking now for about 7 years and have loved every minute of it. I have been very blessed to meet some wonderful friends through this craft, some of which will be lifelong mates I'm sure.

Not really sure what you'd call my style as I find it continually evolving but at the moment I'm loving grungy, textured, dimensional pages and sweet vintage layouts. I've always been a bit of a vintage girl and love anything old, worn and aged. There's nothing better than a day out op-shopping.

I'm really excited to be on the Stuff 2 Scrap team and over the moon at working alongside the other wonderfully talented girls.
Chipboard is my all time favourite scrapbooking product and I can't wait to get creating with the awesome, cool funky Stuff 2 Scrap designs.

I'd like to share a layout I did today for this months Kraft It Up challenge with the criteria of using Kraft cardstock (obviously)with the colours sky blue, orange and black.
Here is my layout:

I've used this funky bubble border designed by the very cool Leeann Pearce to go with my theme of bubble blowing.

I started off by painting the border, setting it aside to dry then using stamping with black StazOn and some funky circle stamps. I then added some mesh behind some of the circles and some patterned paper behind others for added texture and dimension. Lastly, I added some journalling with letter stickers to two of the circles.

So the bubble border wasn't only used as an embellishment, but also as frames and journalling spots.
How versatile is that? Three cool things to do with one piece of chipboard!

Well that's it from me for now but I look forward to chatting to you all and sharing projects again soon.
Take Care
Sharryn
xx

4 comments:

  1. Really cool LO Sharryn, love the different techniques you've used on the chipboard and the title looks GREAT. Wonderful sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic Sharryn! That circle chippie is inspired genius and the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Sharryn! I really love your page!!! Wow! TFS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally AWESOME sharryn... i love how you paint it stamped it and embellished it... that a funky cool page. and we are just as excited to have you too.

    ReplyDelete