Friday, May 27, 2011

It's a great day to S H I N E ! :D

Hello there! Happy Friday! Guess what?! I've got another layout to share with you all! This one is jammed-packed with 4 Stuff 2 Scrap goodies! Okay here we go...


This layout is called "It's Your Day to Shine". It's of my daughter Lucy at her birthday party - which just so happened to be on her actual birthday! Sweet! :D

I've matted my main photo with corrugated cardboard strips and this has then been placed on top of 2 separate pieces of funky square frames - to give my layout a bit of depth and dimension!


Now see this big flower? Well it's a die-cut flower shape, with an Engraved Acrylic Button in the centre! Now the great thing about these buttons, is that they are clear - so here I've used a co-ordinating die-cut underneath the button and inked the edges and pierced through the button holes to create a fully co-ordinated funky button! Then I simply tied some string through it and tied myself a nice knot! Another handy fact about these buttons are that the button holes are a nice size for thicker threads such as twine and thick string (like I've used here). LOVE these buttons - so very handy to have in your stash! They are so cheap too! :)


And here I've used Leeann's Mini Cage - isn't it the 'tweetest?! I've left it raw - such gorgeous detailing - and I've threaded some string through the top loop and tied a li'l bow. Just too cute!

I hope you liked my share today! Have an awesome weekend! I'll be back real soon with some more! :D

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Those acrylic buttons look great indeed - will check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is so cute Chantal - lovely bright LO and that birdcage is def. a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so awesome... love that birdcage... but i just love your use of color...always so bright and cheerful...thanks for sharing your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete