Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hi everyone, it's Chantal here! ;)

It's my turn to blog this week! Yay!!!

I only finished this layout yesterday and I've managed to use two different Stuff 2 Scrap chippie goodies on here. My layout is called "Easter morning '11"...


I've used Leeann's Build an Owl from Stuff 2 Scrap - Designed by Leeann Pearce. Packaged in one piece this Owl and Tree/Branch can be pushed out of the chipboard frame and 'built', the leftover chipboard can then be used as a mask for drawing, painting or spraying with glimmermist. How cool is that!!! Here's a closie of my cute-as owl...


I first painted my owl and tree, then I covered it's wings with patterned paper, cut out circles for it's eyes (the larger circle was cut out with zig-zag decorative scissors), for it's tummy I cut out the pp to size and before attaching it to the chippie, I gave it an eyelet treatment. :D I then stuck all the bits together once dry, added googly eyes, buttons to the leaves, a felt beak :) and doodled around the edges and outlines of the chippie and patterned paper.... hoot hoot!


I've attached my title on top of a part of Ann's Geo Corners from Stuff 2 Scrap - Designed by Ann Lederhose. The chipboard card you get actually measures approx 16cm x 21cm and features the large Geo Corners (not used on this layout - will use soon!). You also get 2 ATC cards - one which can be used as a journal block,the other as an atc card. There are also plenty extra circles to accessorize and once you pop out the corners you can even use what is left as a great looking frame (which is what I used on my layout - I've used one and a half ATC cards). Basically I drew an outline around the cards onto vintage book paper, then I poked out all the circles and glued the circles back how they are originally positioned in the card onto the book paper, removing the outer card to use in another section. Easy but effective and most importantly... fun! Here's a closie of the "negative of the card used"...


I hope I've inspired some of you to try these super-fun chippie designs - they are such good value and a total HOOT! Couldn't resist it... LOL!

Don't forget to play along with our monthly challenge! Details and inspo right HERE! Can't wait to see your creations!

TFL & BBS! :) :) :)
Cheers,
Chantal
TFL!

6 comments:

  1. I sooooo love this !! That owl is ADORABLE....those googly eyes are just so cute : ) Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page!!! Soooo many cool elements!!! I know you had a blast creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Yep, Dara - it was mega fun!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh FAN FAB U LAS Chantal!!!!!
    That Owl is SOOOOOOOO Adorable............ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your owl Chantal!!! Love all the details and the colours are awsome :)

    ReplyDelete